Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lady Macbeth on Netflix

Lately, a lot of people have been asking me what types of shows I enjoy watching on Netflix. If it wasn't already obvious enough, I LOVE shows that empower women and show them in the light of a "man's role". I also love movies with powerful main characters who contrive diabolical plans in order to get what they want. I've compiled a list of a few of my favorite shows and movies for you guys to look at!

1. The League - The League is a TV show about a group of friends who play fantasy football. One of the members, Kevin, is not as good as the others at fantasy league so he often seeks advice from his wife, Jenny. After watching a few episodes I have officially decided that Jenny and I are similar in many different ways. Jenny takes charge of her husband and goes to incredible feats just to win. The power and persistence that Jenny shows in The League is mirrored by my ambition to help Macbeth take the crown. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to live a luxurious life and if that means manipulating my man to bend to my will.....so be it.

2. National Geographic: Snow Monkeys - This selection is a documentary performed by National Geographic on snow monkeys. While portraying the monkeys as happy and graceful, the documentary also shows the wits and the desire to survive that these monkeys show. Much like myself, these monkeys will do whatever is necessary for them to survive. Whether that means collecting food for winter or abandoning their babies, they are prepared to do what is necessary. My husband Macbeth was too big of a wimp to kill Duncan so I seized control and became the masculine character. What I chose to do was quite literally the definition of "Survival of the fittest". If you're looking for a documentary that will end making you feel empowered and awestruck, this is the one for you.

3. The Wolf of Wall Street - Let's just start off by saying that Leonardo DiCaprio is one hot hunk of meat. In this movie, he plays a money-hungry wall street executive who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. All I want is for my man to be as motivated and mischievous as Leo so I wouldn't have to do all the dirty work myself. After seeing this movie I decided that I'm gonna have to do all the work myself and take on my husband's role since he's too big of a woman to fulfill his prophecy.

4. Game of Thrones - This is a medieval political show in which kingdoms wage war upon each other and havoc breaks loose. Every time I watch it, I find myself envious of all the lords and kings. They're all so sinister and sly. One of the biggest traits that I cherish in this show is the characters' ability to feel no remorse. Although I have to act tough and stone-cold in front of my wussy husband, my conscience nags at me every day for the deeds I have committed. If I could only be as strong as half of the royal families in this show I would be an unstoppable leader.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Marcus (or should I say Mrs. Macbeth?),
    This was a quality post. I enjoy your seletions for Lady Macbeth, and agree with your thoughts that she would appreciate movies and shows in which women are impowered. However, I do think that there is more of a depth to Lady Macbeth, and I would have liked to have seen how you would have incorporated her feminine apperence into a selection.

    ReplyDelete